SoftBond® & SoftBond®+
SoftBond® and SoftBond®+ is a blend of EcoScape® rubber loose fill mulch; combined with a binder; mixed on site and levelled out to provide a more natural looking and cheaper option than some synthetic and rubber surfacing options. Unlike Loose fill mulch it is not displaced and is recommended for areas that are in fairly regular use.
Parks and Schools applications, including activity trails, playground and leisure areas.
Many landscaping applications, around seating areas, pathways or as a decorative textured surfacing.
A special blend of recycled rubber shreds, colour coated – combined with a binder on site and sculptured to provide a more natural looking and cost effective option than some synthetic and rubber surfaces.
• Enhanced aesthetics – The shredded rubber emulates the look of natural bark; when used in a blend of colours, toning with use and the curing process; depicting a natural landscape, ideal for playgrounds, woodland areas and nature-scapes.
• Choice of two ranges in shred size – SoftBond®+ is much finer than the ‘standard’ SoftBond® shred range, for areas of higher wear or to create a finer
more compact finish.
The Natural Mix – is an example blend of colours, mixed on site supplied in individual bags of each colour. Mix and match to create your own colour blend unique to your own requirements.
SoftBond® + is a finer more compact system and is available in 5 standard colours for areas of higher wear.
• 100% recycled rubber shred – Ecologically sensitive and helping reduce landfill and C02 emissions.
• Cost effective preparation – In many cases minimal base preparation is required due to the free draining nature, in particular when combined with EcoBase.
(Consideration should be given to the levels and drainage capability of the existing ground and adjusted accordingly.)
• Flexible edge detail – In many cases no need for formal edging; simply taper the edge and secure under the surrounding natural turf or cut a
channel in hard surfacing.
• Mould to shapes and contours – On a firm and stable base, SoftBond® or SoftBond®+ can be shaped for an enhanced play experience.
(We advise not in high-critical fall areas)
• Excellent drainage properties – More year round use.
SoftBond® and SoftBond®+ has been tested in accordance with BS EN 1177 (2008) when tested on to concrete has achieved test results from 0.9m to 3m. (Critical Fall Height).